True Photography is the featured photographer for the CW’s Wedding Week, and our photos will be showcased throughout the week’s broadcasts. In fact, our very own Meghan was on The CW’s morning show yesterday! She talked about tips for preparing for your wedding day photography, in order to get the best results.
Meghan also shared a few examples of our favorite recent images, and had a nice chat with the host on live air :) Here are the tips she shared (and the video is below):
TIP #1: When looking for a photographer, we feel that the most important thing is to connect with the company’s work
- First and foremost, choose a photographer’s work that INSPIRES you.
- Put pricing aside at first so you can make the best decision.
- If you initially love the style and quality of photography you see, chances are you are going to be super happy with your own photos.
TIP #2: Let your photographer know what is most important to you
- As photographers, we’re an open book – we want to hear your thoughts! If you have initial ideas (likes, must-have photos etc) we’d love to hear them.
- Tell us what you’re like as a couple (traditional, fun, a mix of both), and what your event will be like. This will give us inspiration.
- We learn a lot by getting to know you. A great photographer will produce images that reflect you without you having to dictate every picture :)
TIP #3: Take time to enjoy the day. Don’t be afraid to have fun.
- The key is to prepare up until the wedding day, and then enjoy the ride.
- If you’re having fun and celebrating, this will show in your images.
- There will be surprises. Just know that. Things happen, so just expect the unexpected!